Premiere Surgical Centre wants to make your experience as pleasant as possible. The information bellow will help to prepare you for your stay with us. Further information is available in the FAQ section of the website.
Please bring with you:
- A form of identification such as a driver’s license.
- A form of payment if you were notified.
- Any medications you are taking
- Any necessary toiletries for overnight stays.
A nurse will call you the day before surgery and advise you at what time to arrive at the Premiere Surgical Centre for your procedure. If you are unable to arrive as instructed or are not feeling well, please let us know. If you are encountering problems please bring these to our attention. It is advisable to arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled surgery.
Occasionally, we may have a change in our schedule due to unforeseen circumstances. We will contact you if scheduling problems arise. It is important to give us accurate methods of contacting you.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your procedure, or about any of the above instructions, please call the Premiere Surgical Centre at (246)-537-3200.
We understand that patients may be nervous prior to surgery. Therefore we encourage all patients to take the necessary preparations in order to allow for a smooth and safe procedure and post-operative recovery.
- Leave all valuables at home. Bring your identification, insurance information, and means of payment.
- Shower the day of your surgery and brush your teeth but do not apply makeup, fragrance, or hairspray. Remove nail polish if your procedure is on your arm or hand.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing. If you are prone to feeling cold have your family member or friend wear something warm or bring a jacket or sweater, as it can be cold in the facility.
- If you wear dentures, do not glue them as they may need to be removed.
- You must remove your contact lens so be sure to bring a case.
- If you wear glasses, bring a case for them.
- If you wear hearing aids, please wear them to your procedure.
- If you are staying overnight bring any books, magazines, or electronics you may wish to have during that time.
Please feel free to have a hearty dinner and to eat and drink normally the night before surgery. You will receive specific instructions regarding fasting for surgery from your anaesthesiologist or physician.
You will be instructed by both the anaesthesia team and the surgeon as to which medications you must take. Generally we request that you take most medications on the morning of surgery. Yes, you can take them with a sip of water on the day of surgery. Please bring in all your medications with you on the day of surgery.
People using inhalers must bring them to the Center on the day of surgery.
Some medications will be stopped for the surgery, particularly diabetes medication and blood thinners. You should bring these medications with you the day of surgery. Please call us with any questions you may have.
Check your blood sugar on the morning of the procedure. If it is under 60 or over 200, please call the Day Surgery Center and ask to speak to a nurse.
Do not smoke the day of your surgery. Smoking is not permitted in or around the facility.
If you normally use any equipment or device for assistance such as a walker or crutches please bring it with you. Please do not hesitate to notify us in advance of any special need you may have in getting from your car to the Center or any other special need you may have in the Center.